Tuesday, April 23, 2013

So today my first period Computer teacher gave me a blog assignment. The assignment is to talk about what type of disease you would like to cure

  There are MANY diseases out there and many of them are very deadly. Honestly if I had the choice, I would cure all of them. I think it's really sad when innocent people get these deadly diseases for no reason. However, if a person was stupid and went out and did something bad and got a disease, I wouldn't feel as bad because they did it to themselves. Okay anywayyy if I were to cure one disease, it would be ALS. I would like to cure Cancer, HIV and AIDS,  and Heart Disease but ALS has people suffer like crazy.

  Here are some facts about ALS:
    1. ALS is not contagious.
    2. ALS can strike anyone.
    3. Approximately 5,600 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with ALS each year.
    4. It is estimated that ALS is responsible for nearly two deaths per hundred thousand population annually.
    5. About twenty percent of people with ALS live five years or more and up to ten percent will survive more than ten years and five percent will live 20 years. There are people in whom ALS has stopped progressing and a small number of people in whom the symptoms of ALS reversed.
     6. ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, Charcot's disease, and motor neuron disease (MND), attacks certain cells in the brain and spinal cord needed to keep our muscles moving.
 
  As you can see this disease is an awful thing to get! Honestly I think this disease needs to get more recognition and a cure. This Thursday at my school (April 25th) we are wearing anything Blue or Red to help support this disease. I think it would be a great idea if there was a National day for this disease like there are for cancer. Even if you're reading this and you don't go to my school, you should really participate.

   Here's what I'm going to do, if you have an Instagram take a picture of you and your friends wearing those colors this Thursday and tag my user name @monica_graves10 on it. After I see the picture, I will post it on my blog. I really hope people will get the message and actually do this.
   

2 comments: